Contact Info / Websites
EDIT : I had a stint in hospital and have been set back a lot. Ive had to concentrate a lot of my energy elsewhere for some time, but now Im back and hungry to get my AI working.
Im currently working on a fighting engine, best described as a scrolling StreetFighter/HyperDimension.
You're just a casual pothead chasing some green, but something big is going down and you get caught in the middle, unlocking hidden powers and taking you on a n epic mythology to protect the world from certain disaster.
All of earths great warriors are chasing something special, and you have to take them all down and save the day, keeping your high along the way.
You will be fighting multiple enemies at once, so you must be resourceful to survive.
Most of the player stuff has been done, enemy stuff is being worked on as we speak. I have a basic dummy enemy working however its too buggy for a demo as yet.
Atm the gamedemo has :
- variety of melee combo attacks and linkers, from crouching, standing, to airbourne.
- basic attacks will alternate left and right side - eg a weak punch will use left arm then right etc
- proper special moves and button triggers eg F,D,F+ Punch does an Shoryuken style uppercut.
- charge attacks, for punching, kicking and kiblasts.
- player can turn around manually, from standing quickturn to airbourne moonsault and within a combo for multidirectional combat. Animation varies with time of use.
- variety of ki attacks, from fodder to superbeams.
- evasive double-dashes
- blocking, dodging and countering ( a lot missing)
- camera shaking and screen damage from kiblasts
- basic lighting system (bit buggy)
Working on :
- dummy enemy and animations
- attack collisions and hurt reactions (front/back/up/down)
- multidirectional meteor combo system eg powerhit, teleport, powerhit, teleport etc
- enemy ai
- item collection - gunja types/ munchies/ weapons/ keys
- special move progression
- experience based on attackstyle - learn attacks based on how you fight.
- player gfx change with experience
- level design
Press 2,3 or 4 to navigate through Controls, Moveslist, and Key Legend and just mess around, see what you can do.